Why “a beautiful MESS inside”?

There are times when we just aren’t okay.

It doesn’t help knowing it will pass.

Counting our blessings doesn’t work in these moments either.

It’s more like one minute at a time than one day at a time.

Breathing may be the best you can do. (In fact it is really all you ever need to do.)

You don’t need to be fixed. YOU ARE NOT BROKEN.

You are just going through a messy patch. You will find your way through it. You really always do.

I believe that inside every MESS are MESSages.

And yes.  Sometimes it take us ages to figure out (or even want to figure out) what the hell the MESSage is.

Why?

Because we are human.

We do things in our own time.  According to our own clock.

Unfortunately, we forget this and have a tendency to think we are running late or behind schedule.

Since you found your way here, I can only assume you are right on time.

xo,

-the mess

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

You may also like...

12 Comments

1. Lucy Bayliss says:

My favorite!!! Just ‘ran across ‘ this very message of yours in a FB Memory that popped up…. wondered where you were…. and HERE you are…. YAY!!!

1. The Mess says:

Hugs Lucy!

2. Jody Dove says:

AMEN.

1. The Mess says:

High five Jody!

3. Shareka says:

Thanks I really need this inspiration this morning. I’m such a mess on the inside that I have truly began to hate that inside person. But, I’m starting to feel a shift that I’m gussing is the woman I was created to be making her presence more and more.

Thanks

1. The Mess says:

Shareka… while I’m in the process of rebuilding this site, please visit http://www.facebook.com/abeautifulmessinside and scan the old posts for nuggets to help you along the way. There is a lot of gold there to mine that will help your hurting heart.

… the woman that you were created be is still there, she just needed more depth, texture, and richness to her story. <3

4. Tanya says:

I love this. Thank you for sharing.

1. The Mess says:

More to come Tanya… Thanks for being here!

5. Marcie says:

Hey Girl, I missed you. So happy to see you again. Plz don’t leave again, I love your site. 💜

1. The Mess says:

What a sweet comment Marcie. In the weeks to come I’ll be talking about “the leaving”. The short story is the original site got hacked beyond repair. 😢

Now a new beginning comes. Which, I am finding out, is how life works. You keep beginning again and again because you never really know when the end of the story is coming.

6. Best wishes for a timely and successful re-design! It always feels good to rearrange the furniture and put on a new coat of paint–or do a whole remodel! Keep your antennae rotating and on receive mode for those messages!

~Diana